cluthe/lee songlist

  • presently falling, setting sun, open, here we are, the wrong time, sundown, circle, hopefully hoping, midnight, the color burns, count down, predicament, man of the mountain, a harmless song, silver lining, sneaking suspicion, pulse race, faster than you know, we will remain, brace yourself, unanswered, roll my tongue, all i see, let the music play, run alone, pieces apart, echo, betting man, black horse, dear dad, new to me, oh my darling, reels fly by, blue, go home, stay, insideout, open ended, a cold enveloping, deeper, grown, best half, in a corner, drift on, misconception, not listening, life can go, defrost mode, april day, tick tock, sideways, suspended in motion, swifter change, fade, abbreviated, simple, hands now clean, hoping for a miracle, on a wire, hands, stagnant in park, say say, hold, exact sense, beautiful, coming through, his voice, drop of rain, elevator music, brings me warmth, walking dead, london dream, red lights, never tell, it's time, walk on stilts, out the door, exact sense, breakout, i'll crawl, said and done, your shore, state of flux, hold me down, hard to swallow, once more, time to rest, familiar walls, it spins, gaze up, life anew, done, eyes open, shaky situation, black burned truth, special, everything/anything, fault line, chaos ensues, birds, dear woman, phone call, one day, crying shame, she, fragile ones, unfolding, in my time, crooked building, red clouds, the ghost, give yourself away, first light, snapshot, take flight, open heart beating

1.20.2010

Stay or Go Home?

Hi all

Chris here. I really like this new bloggy blog Matt set up. I thought I'd give you listeners a quick update. I'll be posting two new tunes called "Stay" and "Go Home" on www.myspace.com/presentlyfalling and www.reverbnation.com/presentlyfalling later on today.

"Go Home" had many twists and turns along the way. To quote the mighty Jack Irons, the song was 'given' back in mid November 2009 and started out as an acoustic ditty using that main riff that starts this version. 2 more versions were developed, one of which used a drum track. In the late stages just when we were thinking this song was finished, Matt and I talked and he mentioned one of the previous versions without a drum track and how much he liked that one. I had forgotten about it, went back and listened to that version and felt like that was the one that needed to get out there for everybody to hear. Maybe someday we'll post the crazy guitar/drum loop driven version?

"Go Home"
Chris: Guitars, Bass
Matt: Vocals/Lyrics, Guitar, Djembe/Tambourine

"Stay" is a song that I wrote back just before Christmas. It started when I was playing around with the keyboard on "pipe organ" and had started playing this really sad sounding set of keys. I wanted that organ to be the main feature of the song but felt like something was missing. When I sent it to Matt I asked him to put down a firey guitar solo. He was pretty stoked to plug in and let it fly. The solo he plays in this song sounds awesome! It has a very Neil Young (Crazy Horse days)sound to it and I had told him that it sounded like his guitar was crying! So, now that both the organ and guitar are crying, I think you get the idea that this song is a tad emotional. Matt's wife Laurel makes her return since "Pieces Apart" and puts down a hammer of harmony that will raise hairs on your neck. You have been warned : )

"Stay"
Chris: Acoustic Guitar, Organ/Keys, Bass
Matt: Vocals/Lyrics, Electric Guitar(lead), Djembe/Tambourine
Laurel: Backing Vocals

Thanks to everybody for listening and supporting what Matt and I are doing. We sincerely appreciate it!

Kirk out....

No comments:

Post a Comment