cluthe/lee songlist

  • presently falling, setting sun, open, here we are, the wrong time, sundown, circle, hopefully hoping, midnight, the color burns, count down, predicament, man of the mountain, a harmless song, silver lining, sneaking suspicion, pulse race, faster than you know, we will remain, brace yourself, unanswered, roll my tongue, all i see, let the music play, run alone, pieces apart, echo, betting man, black horse, dear dad, new to me, oh my darling, reels fly by, blue, go home, stay, insideout, open ended, a cold enveloping, deeper, grown, best half, in a corner, drift on, misconception, not listening, life can go, defrost mode, april day, tick tock, sideways, suspended in motion, swifter change, fade, abbreviated, simple, hands now clean, hoping for a miracle, on a wire, hands, stagnant in park, say say, hold, exact sense, beautiful, coming through, his voice, drop of rain, elevator music, brings me warmth, walking dead, london dream, red lights, never tell, it's time, walk on stilts, out the door, exact sense, breakout, i'll crawl, said and done, your shore, state of flux, hold me down, hard to swallow, once more, time to rest, familiar walls, it spins, gaze up, life anew, done, eyes open, shaky situation, black burned truth, special, everything/anything, fault line, chaos ensues, birds, dear woman, phone call, one day, crying shame, she, fragile ones, unfolding, in my time, crooked building, red clouds, the ghost, give yourself away, first light, snapshot, take flight, open heart beating

10.27.2011

One Day/Crying Shame




Matt here....thought we'd mix up the blog a little bit by having only one of us post about each song. Hope you enjoy them...we definitely had a lot of fun writing, recording & mixing them.

-ONE DAY-
(Chris) One Day is a song that I wrote up after taking our dog for a walk one evening. It’s funny how music comes creeping into my head and in this case I had the main chords nailed down by the time I got home. Matt and I were talking about this song a few days ago and he said he wrote something like it a long time ago and that it was basically the same chord structure! Crazy! The lyrics Matt added are intense. To me it seems like he is singing out about making the most of your life. The lines “you only have one breath, one smile..” have spoken to me as of late.

-CRYING SHAME-
(Matt) This song came together very quickly. It's a basic chord progression that I just started picking through & a vocal melody quickly formed. The message of this song is to stay true to yourself & change your life if you see it heading down a dark path. It's good to learn from the past, but you must be aware of how your present actions can affect your future. Chris' parts are hauntingly beautiful & very subtle. I don't think I've ever heard him play this way before.

No comments:

Post a Comment